Friday, September 30, 2011

Currently

Whistling in the Dark by Lesley Kagen
Pages this week: 150
Pages this semester: 526

Sentences of the Week:

1.) Her eyes bulged out of her head when she said that because she had a condition called a thyroid, which was located somewhere in her leg.

2.) There really was a shitload of kids. That's because the neighborhood was chock-full of what Granny called "products of Catholic marriages."

3.) "No matter how poor we are," Mother said, backing into the parking space in front of Shuster's Shoes up on North Avenue, "we still need shoes." She winked at us. "They're important to our souls."

I liked sentence one because I'm a nerd and thought the fact that Sally thinks the thyroid is in the leg is funny. The second sentence I found humorous as well. The third sentence is my favorite because it is SO TRUE! I love shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment