Thursday, September 8, 2011

Currently

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Pages this week: 22
Pages this semester: 223

Sentences of the week:

1.) It turned out that, like Satan, cancer had many names.

2.) I didn't know what or whom he was defying. Me? Dr. Amani? Or maybe the God he had never believed in.

3.) He put films up on the viewing box in the hallway and pointed with the eraser end of hid pencil to the pictures of Baba's cancer, like a cop showing mug shots of the killer to the victim's family.

I liked all of these sentences because they all had to do with cancer, and cancer is a touchy subject for me and many others I know. I felt like these sentences were all very true and very well written. They hit a nerve of mine as I read them, so i felt the need to write them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment