Friday, September 23, 2011

Sentences of the Month

1.) "Children aren't coloring books. You can't fill them with your favorite colors"
2.) It turned out that, like Satan, cancer had many names.
3.) I wondered if that was how forgiveness budded, not with fanfare of epiphany, but with pain gathering its things, packing up, and slipping away unannounced in the middles of the night.

These are my favorite sentences because all of them hit a nerve. With the first one, I feel like parents put so much pressure on their kids to be perfect and make them feel like they never measure up. The second one I like so much because I think it is a great analogy. The third sentence I thought was a very interesting insight about how forgiveness works.

Currently

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (finished!)
Whisting in the Dark by Lesley Kagen
Pages this week: 63
Pages this semester: 386

No comments:

Post a Comment