Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Like Satan, cancer has many names.

I was sick from school today, and I really should have caught up on my reading, but I never did. I am so behind on my reading it's a joke. Procrastination at its finest. I should be done with my book by now but I'm just barely over half way. What I've read so far is that Amir (the main character) is about to get married, and his father is about to die. So emotionally, I am happy and sad at the moment. This book is constantly affecting my emotions, and I can't decide if I like the emotional roller-coaster or not. I find it somewhat irritating and intriguing at the same time. Amir's father, Baba, is sick with cancer. I hate cancer. Nearly every body's life has been affected by cancer somehow. Everyone knows someone or knows someone that knows someone who has had cancer. Unfortunately, I know multiple people, five that I can think of at the moment. Two that have died from it, two that are struggling through it now, and one that has survived it. And all of them suffered from different types of cancer too (pancreatic, brain, breast, prostate, and throat). In my book, The Kite Runner, there was a line that said, "It turned out that, like Satan, cancer had many names." I couldn't agree more. Cancer is a merciless killer that affects it's victims emotionally, mentally, and physically. I hate cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment