Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarterly

This quarter, my favorite book has been The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Actually, it's my favorite book I've ever read by far. It is a book I will never forget and I will probably end up reading it several times over for fun. The themes in the novel appealed to me and I connected with them well even though Amir lived half way around the world from me. I would find myself reading The Kite Runner until 2 in the morning because it reeled me in completely. Right now I'm reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett and I'm hoping it's just as good. Everyone that has read it has told me they loved the book, but I honestly don't think that any book could top The Kite Runner. I'm hoping that I'll be surprised and love The Help just as much however.
Next quarter I want to try to read more consistently, instead of reading a bunch Thursday night so I can reach my weekly quota. I also want to try to relate my blog posts more to my reading, rather than simply rambling about my life and whatnot.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Pages this week (week 8): 104
Pages this semester: 762

No comments:

Post a Comment