Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Kite Runner


I fell in love with this book from the very first page, much like I do with every new book I read. Something about this book was different though. I was sparked by curiosity. I read to find that the main character is a boy named Amir who is living in Afghanistan. Amir desperately seeks the approval and affection from his father, and in my opinion, will never get.  Amir is completely different from his father mainly because Amir would rather stick his nose in a book than play sports, and because *gasp* he doesn’t like soccer. In case you didn’t know, soccer is kind of a big deal in pretty much every country around the world except America, so heaven forbid an Afghan boy doesn’t like it. The fact that Amir is trying to seek approval from his father is very relatable. There isn’t a person I know who hasn’t felt that desire. Or hasn't had the feeling that he is never going to be good enough, no matter what he does.

Favorite Quotations (so far)

 “Children aren't coloring books. You don’t get to fill them with your favorite colors.” 

 "It was a long time ago, but it’s wrong what they say, I've learned, about how you can bury it. Because the past always claws its way out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment